lunes, 17 de marzo de 2014

The Greatest Fool (Short Poem)

This one is about things I've seen that happen too frequently that I don't even know how to react.

The Greatest Fool


By Emanuel Vasconcelos
I cannot stand the smell of it.

The more I smell the more I hate.

Consuming them, I can't stand it!

Like the immigrant that settles,

One becomes accustomed by it.

Using imaginary ink

To write on the big white book.

They call me a fool 'cause I'm young,

They call me a fool 'cause I hate,

They call me a fool 'cause I'm "blind".

But then, who is the greatest fool?

The fool that hates what others call 'nature'?

The fools that named it so, in the first place?

Or the other fools who believe that to be true?

Everyone falls so easily,

I'm afraid I will be the next.

Maybe I am the greatest fool...

'cause I still raise my hopes and expect more.

0 comentarios:

Publicar un comentario