lunes, 17 de febrero de 2014

Darkness in the Corners (Short Poem)

Short poem of mine, regarding the easy life and other things:

Darkness in the Corners


By Emanuel Vasconcelos
It's unknown to me when and how, but they made it,

or so it seems.

It's unknown to me what colors are they wearing,

they're so bright...

so bright that I cannot distinguish them at all.

Calling themselves masters of change,

attracting other souls to them.

Evidence in the images

and evidence in the words.

They rise as world conquerors

with a powerful flare in hand.

All spreading the bright fire,

a fire that I need to see.

A fire that conquers the anguish of the future.

But instead of a wild fire,

I just see a sterile light bulb.

Simplicity and orders in a box.

No patience, no practice required.

Could it be that simple?

I'm blinded by the light,

But all my other senses say "no".

All that light in the room

doesn't let me see the darkness that lies in the corners.

0 comentarios:

Publicar un comentario